Friday, May 9, 2008

Eddie Adams Workshop


Thank goodness, I finally sent in my Eddie Adam's Workshop application. The workshop is a three-day intensive for aspiring photojournalists, set up by Pulitzer Prize winning PJ, Eddie Adams - you know the photo of a South Vietnamese Army Colonel shooting a VC prisoner in the head. It's meant as a springboard and intensive immersion course in photojournalism, something I find myself drawn to more and more.

The hardest part was editing and submitting up to 20 photos. Choosing one's best work to show is extremely difficult, just as in writing. It took me two weeks to weed myself down to sixteen images. You can see my submissions at:

http://www.michaelseto.com/Proofs/EddieAdams/

And once submitted, there's no turning back. So if they suck...oh well.

I've been super busy otherwise, shooting some products for a small organic food company, my on-going work for City Harvest, and some jewelry photos. I hope to dig myself out from under all the post-processing required over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment